2018 Competitions Rulebook
If you’ve participated in MIST previously, you will notice the following important changes:
- Knowledge Test is now open-book. Competitors must achieve a score of at least 65% to rank/win a medal. Questions will now have an analytical/thinking focus.
- Quran Recitation Level 4 assigned surahs have changed.
- Math Olympics will now include questions on logic and statistics. The scoring procedure has changed as well.
- Debate will now include a third place match.
- The Short Film ballot has been revamped.
- The Social Media ballot has been revamped.
- Minor changes to other rules and ballots.
This year's MIST Bowl topics are:
- Topic I: Cities of Light
- Topic II: The State of Surveillance
- Topic III: Social Influence
- Topic IV: The Ottoman Empire Part I (1299-1700)
- Topic V: Contemporary Conflicts Part II
- Topic VI: Current Events (Starting January 1st, 2018)
Other competitions requiring topics:
Original Oratory/Prepared Essay
PILOT COMPETITIONS RULEBOOK CLICK HERE